For the love of lemons! I thought I’d share a little bit about each one of the everyday essential oils to let you know how awesome they are and what you can do with them. (or *gasp* if you don’t have them what you’re missing out on!) And just let me say, lemon is one I get excited about.
I am truly in love with my lemon oil and can’t get enough of it. Of course I love all things citrus which makes me a lemon junkie. I drink it in my water, I diffuse it, I pop it in pills, I apply it to my wrists for a quick pick me up. It’s a great detox oil and uplifts your moods. Not to mention the power it has to kills germs is amazing.
Product Tips (taken from YL website)
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
LEMON – (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function.
- Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a glass spray bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
- Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and aid healing.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
- Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete’s foot.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
Just in the last few days, I’ve shared lemon oil with several friends, helped one friend with what she thought to be strep throat, of course used it in my water, diffused it in the house….and let me tell you what, it works WONDERS for heartburn! Yes, heartburn! You’d think something we consider to be acidic would be the last thing you’d reach for. But lemon helps put your bodies natural acids back in balance. I was amazed the first time I tried it for heartburn.
For years we’ve used cleaners that contained lemon ‘scent’ and it was so refreshing. Imagine cleaning your house now with REAL lemons and lemon oil. Mmmmm……
Picture yourself sipping on some fresh lavender lemonade! There’s a treat! If you utilize pinterest and google you’ll be amazed at what you can find. Just try a random search for ‘young living lemon essential oil’ and sit back and relax while you peruse the world wide web. If you ever have questions regarding an oil or the credibility of a site you are searching, don’t hesitate to ask me! I love all things oily!
Disclaimer: These statements and any information contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Our content is not purposed to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from a Young Living member should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk. Consult individual products labels for safety information.